Katie was such a stunning bride and such a pleasure to work with. She has a calming presence and the most awesome “day job” as a helicopter pilot! We were just thrilled to work with this lady and her bridal party. Please check out her wedding video and leave Jen House, Kristin and Rachelle some love for the amazing job they did with hair and makeup for our Makeupforyourday team! Also, a special thank you goes out to the wonderful Erin McLean for her event planning! Always awesome!
It has come to our attention that REAL BRIDES have questions that are ever evolving. Here is a recent excerpt from my business partner’s email back to a bride answering hers. We thought we’d share these with you in case you have the same queries. Enjoy and submit YOUR questions to us, too. We’d love to chat!
– I would definitely recommend a trial run through for the bride for hair and makeup. The cost for a makeup trial is $50, and the hair trial is included in the price of the hair for the bride. Additional consultations are $25. Consultations for clients residing outside the triangle area can either come to our studio in Cary, NC or pay a travel fee of $.52 per mile plus $25 per hour if it is requested on location outside the triangle area. Either myself or my business partner Jennifer do mostly every bride we book, however on some occasions we will send one of our other skilled artists and hairstylists to work with the bride and her wedding party (we have 7 other artists!). So depending on availability you will most likely get either myself or Jennifer (we can accommodate up to three events on the same day). : ) The photos that you see on our site are a collection of all 9 artists and 3 hair stylists so everyone is of the utmost highest standard and skill level. We only employ the BEST of the BEST!
– Yes we do! We use airbrush foundation from Kett Cosmetics, a company out of New York that specializes in the highest quality HD airbrush makeup. The cost for this as listed on the Individual Services Pricing Page and is an additional $20 per person. We also use some of the best cosmetics from lines such as Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, and YSL just to name a few. We have been in this business for many years, therefore we have collected lots of “favorites” over the years from various makeup lines. Ones that we know work the best for weddings!
– Depending on your skin type and the “look” that you are going for, we would determine whether the standard type foundation or airbrush makeup would be best suited for you. Regardless of which we choose, we use a makeup sealing spray after the makeup look is completed to ensure a “cry-proof” / long lasting makeup / touch up free application. The product that we use for this was created for stage performers since they work under hot lights and extreme weather conditions. I personally have used this on myself, and know that it works with both regular foundations as well as airbrush!!! We also use waterproof eyeliner, eyeshadow base, and waterproof mascara just to be sure!!!
Calling all engaged ladies!! We have been expertly picked to be a part of the exclusive group of leading vendors in North Carolina to represent the “best of the best” for your special day at Bridal Buzz NC. It would be our pleasure to host you and your friends/family during this amazing event that you DO NOT WANT TO MISS. There will be gorgeous florists, hot dj’s, the most talented photographers, extraordinary event coordinators, and of course US (and more)!
Check out the website to learn more about where and when and email me if you’d like FREE TICKETS to the show! (email@example.com)
Can’t wait to see you all there!
I had the wonderful pleasure of working with Jill this past weekend for an at home beauty lesson. Jill is such a great person and an absolute joy to be around. Her glowing smile and personality immediately put you at ease.
Jill contacted me in December after reading one of my other blog posts around beauty lessons where I go through your own makeup bag and show you how to use your own stuff or re-purpose it for better results. We had so much fun trying out new techniques and discussing skincare routines.
Please read her glowing review below and let me know if I can ever be of service to you and/or your gal pals! I love to do mini beauty lesson parties, too! Can you say, “mimosas”?! Enjoy!
(Thanks Jill! I had a blast!)
Jenny and Jamie are two of my oldest friends. Jamie and I used to go to daycare together (we won’t say how long ago that was!) and Jenny and I have been “bff’s” since 2nd grade. Jenny and Jamie were married on October 30th in the gorgeous NC mountains at Lake Eden. The weather could not have been more beautiful and neither could the bride. The colors popped everywhere and sky was so blue. The whole day was simply picturesque.
Here are some pictures of Jenny and Jamie’s stunning day by Stephen Torrence of Torrence Photography. Outstanding photographers that we highly recommend to anyone getting married and looking for affordable, down-to-earth, fun-loving husband and wife duo that make you want to get married 2, 3 and 4 times (to the same person, of course) just to have them shoot your wedding over and over again! (yes, that’s a plug because I want them to shoot me and Jeremy!) 🙂
Jamie–I’ve told you once and I’ll tell you again, you really lucked up with Jenny (but you know that)! and Jenny, I can’t tell you enough, you’re the best friend anyone could ever have and I’m glad you’ve found a SECOND one in Jamie! lol! Love you both! Thanks for letting me share in your beautiful and memorable day and stand along side you as your Matron of Honor!
For a New Year’s Goal of mine I enacted a monthly Mani/Pedi day for me and the girls (you know who you are chicas!) to get our relaxation on and catch up on each others drama/gossip/lives, etc. It’s great and I highly recommend it to everyone out there! We do ours every 3rd Tuesday of the month and so far it’s working out well so that most can make it work with their schedules. It’s just another way of ensuring that we touch base in this super busy world.
We went to an awesome spot in Brier Creek called Mani Pedi Nail Spa in February and it rocked! The staff was very pleasant, the facility was super clean and very reasonably priced. Plus, you get complimentary drinks while you’re there…great service!
So in getting back with the mani/pedi program…especially since Spring/Summer is approaching (gotta get those toes back in shape for cute sandals and the pool) it has me questioning some of the new “trends” in manicures. For example, I just saw this picture on a Sephora email and was unsure how I feel about it. What do you think? Most think of me as fashion forward…but I think I’m going to have to mark this as a fashion don’t. How about you? 🙂
I just received an e-newsletter from Allure magazine and while most of the info I skim over I found some of the products as “Best Beauty Buys” rather good. We have used a lot of these in the past a few I’m going to grab to try out this week.
I love that they listed the Sublimage eye cream from Chanel as their number 1 splurge since I just blogged about that last week! It’s amazing! Just thought I’d share!
Also, I’m attaching the Allure Beauty tips of the month in case other makeup junkies (like us) out there want to know! Enjoy!
If you’ve applied too much mineral foundation, dab a tiny bit of moisturizer on your fingers, press them together, then gently pat—don’t rub—the pads of your fingers on those areas. This will remove the excess without smearing your makeup.
When testing a nail color, using a small amount is useless—always brush on two coats so you can see how the finished product will look.
If you have fine hair and you want to create waves, apply mousse and let it dry naturally. If your hair is pin-straight, add mousse, then wrap it into a bun while it dries.
- Chanel Précision Sublimage Eye Essential Regenerating Eye Cream
- $175, Nordstrom (nordstrom.com), Barneys New York (barneys.com), Saks Fifth Avenue (saks.com), Dillard’s (dillards.com), Bergdorf Goodman (bergdorfgoodman.com); chanel.com
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer
- $68, Saks Fifth Avenue (877-551-7257), Neiman Marcus (neimanmarcus.com), Bergdorf Goodman (800-558-1855)
- Jo Malone Vitamin E Body Treatment Scrub
- $75, select Saks Fifth Avenue stores (saks.com), Neiman Marcus (neimanmarcus.com); jomalone.com
- La Mer The Body Crème
- $195, Saks Fifth Avenue (saks.com), Bergdorf Goodman (bergdorfgoodman.com), Neiman Marcus (neimanmarcus.com), lamer.com
- Prevage Body Total Transforming Anti-Aging Moisturizer
- $135, Saks Fifth Avenue (877-612-7257), Macy’s, (macys.com), Sephora (sephora.com); elizabetharden.com
- Pureology Nanoworks Condition
- $50, pureology.com
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair Moisture Velvet Hair Nourishing Treatment
- $60, select salons; shuuemura-usa.com