Fun Summer Sets and Palettes!
In the fall, and at Christmas we shared some great palettes to get as gifts, to ask for as gifts.
*All products available at Sephora
Do you want to try any palettes this summer? What summer products do you love? Let us know via Twitter, Facebook or the comments box below!
Best Looks from the 2013 Met Gala
The annual MET Gala is always crawling with celebrities in the most incredible designer getups. As much as we love their outfits, we love seeing their hair and makeup even more! This year’s theme was “Punk: From Chaos to Couture.” We were immediately excited to see how grunge/ punk rock these otherwise glamorous celebrities would get for the occasion. Here are some of the most memorable looks of the night.
Nicole Richie definitely made you look twice to make sure you were seeing things correctly. Her blonde locks were a grey/lilac color. Her hair was extremely textured and pulled back with lots of volume. Her lips picked up the subtle purple hue in her hair with a wine-colored lipstick. Her eyeliner was kept simple. We also thought her eyebrows looked great. For this occasion, we would give her look an A+. Her dress was also gorgeous.
5 Amazing Makeup Box Subscriptions
Are you a product junkie? Do you have lots of things on your wish list? Then you should look into signing up for a makeup box subscription. There are a variety of companies that offer these subscriptions and each one is unique.
1. Birchbox offers a wide variety of brands (no seriously, click that link. It will feel like you’re scrolling for days!) for $10 a month. They claim to have hand-picked only the best brands that include niche brands, long time favorites, clinical skin care lines and makeup artist approved cosmetics.
2. Ipsy offers a free membership. When you sign up you take a comprehensive (and fun) quiz about your makeup likes and dislikes, the brands you love, your skin and hair issues and your overall comfort with makeup and your willingness to try new looks. Once you complete the quiz you can sign up for their glam bags for $10 a month. Their bags contain 4-5 products in a collectable makeup bag each month.
3. What is unique about BeautyArmy is that you can hand-pick which 6 samples you would like to have sent to you. Another unique thing about this subscription is that you can skip a month anytime that you like. The cost is slightly higher at $12 a month, but the fact that you can skip months to use up last month’s samples are a bonus. Handpicking your own samples is also fun!
4. Beauty Fix is also different from Birchbox and Ipsy. Like Beauty Army you will first answer questions to create a profile. Based on your beauty profile, panellists will hand-pick a wide variety of products that you will like. From there, you choose your 8 favorite and purchase them for $49.99. That seems steep compared to the other $10 a month deals, but that price is regardless of what products and brands you snatch that can be worth that price on their own.
5. Glossy Box follows the Ipsy and Birchbox method of sending samples monthly. It is more expensive at $21 a month and offers a wide variety of brands. First you choose your “plan”, whether you like eco-friendly products or you prefer a chic, modern look, Glossy Box will send you products that will suit your preferences based off that plan.
Have you ever tried one of these? Would you consider it? This is a great way to try new things and find new products that work for you!
MYD is featured on the Wedding Chicks Blog!
We are so excited to share that a photo shoot that we were a part of was recently featured on Wedding Chicks! This wedding blog is ranked top three worldwide, boasting almost 40, 000 Facebook fans and around 50, 000 Twitter followers!
We absolutely loved being a part of this shoot. We were able to work within the vintage theme and created the most beautiful curls and red lips. The retro pin curls, pink cheeks and red lips look amazing in the photos and give off a romantic, retro vibe that we love!
MYD Bride Kelly inspires beautiful Date Night Makeup
Foods that Help your Hair Grow!
Green Vegetables – Green leafy vegetables are a great source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C and contain high amounts of iron and selenium. These vitamins assist in the creation of sebum which conditions and promotes hair growth.
MYD Reader Request Series: Warm vs. Cool Skin Tones
MYD Reader Request Series: Laugh Lines
We hope everyone has been enjoying our Reader Request Series so far. Today we are going to tackle another thing that is tough to tackle – fine lines and wrinkles.
Becky asks… “What can I do about my laugh lines?”
The market is flooded with anti-wrinkle creams, youth serums and tons of products for mature skin. Although we cannot get into all of those things in this post, definitely leave a comment below if you would be interested in having us write an in-depth post about anti-aging products.
For today’s post we are going to cover some tips and tricks that can help you disguise and fill fine lines.
As with anything, you want to start with clean, fresh skin. Remember that adequate sleep and hydration can work wonders for your face.
Next you will want to moisturize. If your skin is dry, whatever product you apply will be visible, stick to any dry patches and make any fine lines more prominent.
After you moisturize, you can use a skin plumper such as Dr. Brandt’s Lineless Lines No More. This product instantly plumps skin and after 15 minutes it can reduce the wrinkle line’s depth by 32%. This is a great quick fix in the morning before makeup and is especially great to use before a party or an important event.
Choosing the right foundation is important in ensuring that you are not highlighting any fine lines. Make sure to use a liquid foundation that isn’t too heavy. You want to ensure that foundation looks natural and sinks into your skin instead of caking and creasing where you have lines. A thiner, lighter consistency will help accomplish this.
Using cream-based products is a really great trick for avoiding drawing attention to fine lines. You want to really dab in the product to make sure it is absorbed. If you layer it too thickly then the opposite can happen and the cream can crease and look unnatural.
It is important to remember not to use bronzer on any fine lines. The darkness of the bronzer will emphasize the depth and create more of a shadow. If you have crows feet, dab a tiny amount of highlighter on the outer corners of your eye. This will reflect light and camouflage the lines.
Again, be sure to take great care of your skin with lots of water, moisturizer, sleep and a good diet. This will help you look and feel great from the inside-out.
Tomorrow is the last day of Reader Request Series, we have really enjoyed answering your questions. If you have enjoyed this series or found it helpful, let us know in the comments box below and we can do it again soon!
MYD Reader Request Series: Filling in your Eyebrows
On day three of our Reader Request Series we are covering a tricky topic for most – how to properly fill your brows. Almost every woman has dealt with patchiness, an over-pluck disaster and non-symmetrical brows.
Anonymous asks… “I have really thin eyebrows, and I want to know how to fill them in properly so that they don’t look fake! What sort of products and techniques should I use?”
Still have questions? Let us know in the comments box below! We will see you again tomorrow to answer another one of the great questions that were submitted.