It’s beach season and we have recently received a few requests to do a post on how to prevent ingrown hairs.
1. First you will want to prep your skin. The best way to do this is to exfoliate the area. You can use any exfoliating scrub or a stiff brush and buff the skin in circular motions.
2. Don’t skip the shaving cream! You will want to make sure the area is well lubricated to avoid razor burn and ingrowns. Don’t want to buy shaving cream? There are some interesting alternatives that you may already have at home – such as hair conditioner, body cream, baby oil and even peanut butter!
Pro Tip: One of the best ways to prevent ingrown hairs is to use a product with salicylic acid. You may have heard of it in face washes as it is a key active ingredient to help clear breakouts. Salicylic acid exfoliates, moisturizes and helps clear pores to help prevent infection.
Try something like Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Shave Cream. Although it is a men’s shaving cream for the face, it contains salicylic acid to minimize breakouts and will help prevent ingrown hairs.
3. After you shave you will want to rinse the area in cool water to tighten up the pores. People who shave in the hot shower can be more susceptible to ingrown hairs if the pores remain open from the heat after the shower.
4. Finally, apply a soothing product with disinfecting properties. We love witch hazel because it is cost-effective and natural. It helps reduce swelling and irritation and contains antibacterial properties.
Don’t forget, you can ask us your questions at any time via our comments box, Facebook or Twitter!
Whether you are at the beach, by the pool, at a BBQ or just on the go – a great way to look good, keep cool and protect your face is with a fashionable summer hat. We prefer this look when it isn’t polished. We love the hair textured, loose and undone.
No matter your hair length or the type of hat, it’s great how versatile this accessory can be. Hats can be dressed up, dressed down and can make bed head look so fashionable.
We want to know what you think of this trendy summer accessory. Will you be sporting this laid-back style this summer? Let us know in the comments box below!
Last year, hair chalk was all the rage. Celebrities like Lauren Conrad, Nikki Minaj, Katy Perry, Christina Aguilera and others were seen sporting a variety of hues. Moving into winter months, the bright colors disappeared.
It is springtime again and we are seeing new innovations in semi-permanent hair color. As much as everyone liked hair chalk, it tended to be drying on the hair. Cue hydrating color masks in a variety of cool colors. Now you can multi-task and hydrate your hair while coloring it!
Available at Urban Outfitters.
We think that these can be very versatile. If you have dark brown hair and use a purple or blue, it can look trendy without looking too overwhelming. You can use the color to do tips, to do streaks or you can fully cover your hair. We definitely think that this is a fun summer trend.
What do you think of this trend – is this something that you would try? Let us know via Twitter
or the comments box below!
We are so excited to share that a photo shoot that we were a part of was recently featured on Wedding Chicks! This wedding blog is ranked top three worldwide, boasting almost 40, 000 Facebook fans and around 50, 000 Twitter followers!
We absolutely loved being a part of this shoot. We were able to work within the vintage theme and created the most beautiful curls and red lips. The retro pin curls, pink cheeks and red lips look amazing in the photos and give off a romantic, retro vibe that we love!
To see the more photos, and the full post on Wedding Chicks, click here
To see more other photo shoots that we have had the pleasure of being a part of, check out our Facebook Page
It’s Friday again! Whether you have a date, a dinner or you are staying in. Knowing how to properly apply lashes is a great thing to learn how to do for those extra special occasions where you want that extra oomph.
1. First you will want to take your lashes out of the package and hold them up to your eyelid. Most false lashes are too long and you will have to cut them to fit your eye.
2. Apply glue to the false lashes along the bottom where all of the lashes come together.
3. Allow the glue to dry for about a minute.
4. Place the false lashes as close as you can to your natural lash line as you can.
5. Once the strip is in place. Press and hold it down for 1-2 minutes.
6. Once it is dry, apply mascara. Don’t skip this step! This step will help blend your real lashes with your false lashes and give an overall fuller, darker look.
At MYD, we love lashes. Even better than false lashes is lash extensions! If you haven’t read about lash extensions, check out our post on it here.
Do you like wearing false lashes? Would you ever consider lash extensions? Let us know in the comments box below!
Crista looked stunning with a bouquet of fresh spring tulips walking down the aisle. She is such a natural beauty. We love her flawless skin, and her beautiful pulled back hair with loose pieces framing her face. MYD’s Shannan made Crista’s hair look amazing and MYD’s N’Zinga did an awesome job with Crista’s airbrush and makeup.
Airbrush makeup is a service that we offer at Makeup for Your Day. Our staff has gone through extensive training
to ensure that you will look incredible on your wedding day. Your skin will look flawless and radiant in photos and it won’t budge all day. If you miss our post about airbrush makeup and its benefits, check it out here
To see more photos of weddings, photo shoots and runways shows that we have been a part of, check out our Facebook
page. To stay in the loop about new posts, follow us on Twitter
We received the high res of our cover for Southern Bride and Groom magazine today and wanted to share it with all of you who haven’t gone out to get your own copy yet. We have tons in our office if you need one so please just give us a buzz or shoot us an email with your address if you’d like us to send one your way. Southern Bride and Groom magazine is a publication that comes out twice a year and is filled with loads of organizing tips for the bride-to-be. It is a one-stop-shop for all the best vendors in the area and has great articles about everything from gown shopping to choosing your photographer, etc.
We are named throughout the magazine several times as we assisted with a few photo shoots (all done by Marthanna Yater Photography) as well as had one of our brides featured with her wedding at the Carolina Inn! There is also an article in the magazine in which we contributed and it’s definitely worth checking out. Here are a few of the photos that made it into the magazine and check out the others in our gallery (being updated tomorrow). Enjoy! Let us know what you think!